CADD Technician- Platting Department
Designers are responsible for providing design support to the project managers. This position requires thorough knowledge of the platting process for the City of Houston and surrounding jurisdictions. This individual is responsible for preparing or modifying drawings, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes. Must be proficient in AutoCad.
- Draft plat and assist in preparing documents for submittal to Planning Departments and/or Zoning Commissions,
- Research maps, site and building plans, and ordinances,
- Prepare routine correspondence (letters, memos, meeting notes, and proposals) and review outgoing materials for conformance with the Company’s standard operating procedures, practices, and formats,
- Diligently monitor and report project progress to managers and clients,
- Manage clients’ expectations and requests.
Educational & Experience Requirements
• Associates Degree or Diploma in Computer Aided Drafting and Design
• Minimum one (1) year of experience using AutoCad for civil design site work
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access,
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD,
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, demanding and ever changing team environment,
- Ability to interact effectively with others at all levels within and outside the company,
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks within given time constraints,
- Self-starter with ability to proactively identify and perform problem resolutions,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Strong organizational skills in planning and implementation,
- Professionalism and customer service skills,
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
Must be able to work for any employer in the US.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.